Interested in a brighter smile in Del Mar? Not sure if you should choose in-office teeth whitening or at-home teeth whitening from Del Mar Dental Studio?
While both types of teeth whitening are effective for removing stains and improving your smile, there are some differences between them that you should know. In this blog, we’ll discuss the basics and benefits of both types of treatment.
How Does At-Home Whitening Work?
At-home whitening uses special, custom-made trays that fit perfectly over your teeth. To begin the process, you’ll need to come and visit Dr. Todd Pizzi for a consultation at Del Mar Dental Studio. He will take molds of your teeth, then work with a dental lab to create your whitening trays.
Then, you’ll come back in 2-3 weeks to pick up your whitening trays and a set of whitening products. At this time, Dr. Pizzi will also give you a set of directions that you’ll follow to whiten your teeth at home. Follow them closely for the best results!
The Benefits Of At-Home Whitening
At-home whitening has a few different benefits, as follows:
- Affordable – At-home whitening tends to be a bit cheaper than in-office whitening, so it’s a good choice if you’re on a budget.
- Convenient – You can whiten your teeth on your own schedule, and in the comfort of your own home.
- Professional-grade results – The end results of at-home teeth whitening are just as good as in-office whitening, and are far better than the results you’d get from an over-the-counter whitening kit.
How Does In-Office Whitening Work?
In-office whitening usually takes just one appointment at Del Mar Dental Studio. At your appointment, Dr. Pizzi will begin by cleaning your teeth. Then, he will place a special protectant over your gums, and use retractors to keep your lips and tongue away from your teeth.
Next, he will apply a peroxide whitening product directly to your teeth, and activate it using a UV light. After this, he will rinse away the whitening compound, check your teeth, and repeat the process until your teeth have reached the right level of brightness.
The Benefits Of In-Office Whitening
There are a few reasons that you may want to consider in-office whitening:
- Faster results – Compared to at-home whitening, in-office whitening delivers faster results, so it’s a good option if you’d like to brighten your smile quickly for a special event.
- Great for sensitive teeth – If your teeth are sensitive, Dr. Pizzi can adjust and control your teeth whitening treatment to minimize sensitivity and keep you comfortable.
- No impressions needed – Some patients find dental impressions to be uncomfortable. Because in-office whitening doesn’t use custom-fitted whitening trays, there’s no need to take dental impressions using putty.
Ready To Whiten Your Teeth? Contact Del Mar Dental Studio!
Dr. Todd Pizzi offers both in-office and at-home whitening in Del Mar. If you’re interested in restoring your smile and reversing stains, yellowing, and discoloration, we’re here to help. Contact us online or call us at (858) 755-0187 to schedule your appointment today, and find out which method of teeth whitening is right for you in Del Mar.