Straighter Teeth Without Braces
Invisalign in Del Mar
Many patients want a straighter smile but don’t want the commitment of wearing traditional braces for a year or more. With Invisalign, patients can enjoy a stress-free, discreet orthodontic treatment while gradually straightening their smiles. If you’ve been wanting a more even, beautiful grin, we can help! Contact us today to schedule a consultation at our Del Mar dental office and see if Invisalign is right for you!
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear aligners are virtually invisible when worn, which means your appearance won’t be affected by Invisalign treatment.
- The aligners are not bulky, so Invisalign will not affect your speech.
- Since Invisalign is removable, there are no dietary restrictions during treatment.
- Flossing, brushing, and maintaining proper oral hygiene is much easier with aligners since they are removable.
- Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
How It Works
Straightening Teeth with Invisalign
Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners, which are shaped similar to a retainer or a night guard for teeth grinding. These aligners are designed to fit perfectly over your teeth and exert gentle pressure to shift them toward the proper position.
About every two weeks, you’ll switch to a new aligner, and this process will begin again. Each set of new aligners moves your teeth closer and closer to their ideal position. Your treatment will be developed by Dr. Pizzi and the Invisalign team to ensure that your teeth are moving at the proper rate.
What to Expect
The Invisalign Process
- After you’re approved for Invisalign, Dr. Pizzi will take dental impressions and images of your teeth, and work with Invisalign to create your customized treatment plan.
- Once your treatment plan is completed, your first several sets of aligners will be created and you’ll begin wearing them for 20-22 hours per day.
- Aligners should only be removed to brush and floss, and to eat and drink.
- Every two weeks, you will swap to a new set of aligners.
- Every six weeks, you’ll come to Del Mar Dental Studio for a checkup so Dr. Pizzi can assess the progress of your treatment and give you your next several sets of aligners.
- This process will continue until your treatment is complete, which usually takes about a year.
How Long Will I Wear Invisalign?
Most patients can be treated with a series of about 20-24 aligners, which means the average treatment time is about a year. It’s important to note, though, that treatment time can vary. If you only have minor teeth alignment issues, your treatment may be very quick. However, if you have more severe orthodontic problems, you may need to wear Invisalign for longer than a year. For an accurate assessment of your expected Invisalign treatment length, schedule an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Pizzi.