If you’re missing one or more teeth in Del Mar, you may be wondering if you should replace your teeth at Del Mar Dental Studio. The answer is yes! Dr. Todd Pizzi is an expert in restorative dentistry, and can assist you as you choose the tooth replacement treatment that’s right for your unique situation and your budget.
Why is it important to replace your missing teeth? There are lots of great reasons, but let’s discuss the top 3. Read on to find out why you need to contact us for an appointment right away.
1. Prevent Further Oral Health Complications
Losing teeth can contribute to further oral health complications, including:
- Teeth shifting – Once you lose a tooth, the nearby teeth will start to shift and move toward the empty socket. Your mouth doesn’t want there to be an opening between your teeth, so this is its natural response to losing a tooth. However, this can ruin your bite alignment and cause issues like crooked teeth.
- Increased risk of infections – When your teeth shift, it can be harder to clean the gums and teeth properly, leading to a higher risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and infections. Plaque and tartar may also accumulate in the area where you’ve lost a tooth, further increasing your risk of future dental health issues.
- Jaw bone loss – Normally, the root of your tooth stimulates the underlying jaw bone. But when you lose a tooth, this no longer happens, and the bone begins to dissolve in a process called “bone resorption.” The only way to prevent this is by getting a dental implant. Dental implants are placed directly into your jaw bone, and they stimulate and strengthen the bone just like a natural tooth would.
2. Restore Your Smile, Speech & Self-Confidence
There is a serious social stigma associated with missing one or more teeth. This may make you feel uncomfortable in social situations or in professional situations, and cause you to be self-conscious about your appearance and hide your teeth when you laugh, smile, speak, or eat. Replacing your teeth helps improve your self-confidence.
Losing one or more teeth can also impair your ability to speak and pronounce certain sounds, especially if you lose some of your front teeth. Again, this can make you feel self-conscious in a wide variety of situations, but tooth replacements from Del Mar Dental Studio can help.
3. Eat Your Favorite Foods With Ease Once Again
If you lose one or more teeth, you may have trouble eating certain foods. Losing front teeth, for example, makes it hard to bite into chewy or tough foods like bagels or apples. Losing rear teeth makes it harder to eat tough meat and fibrous vegetables.
But if you replace your teeth at Del Mar Dental Studio, you can eat your favorite foods without worry once again, avoid discomfort, and get back to your day-to-day routine.
Explore Your Options For Tooth Replacement At Del Mar Dental Studio
Dr. Todd Pizzi and the team at Del Mar Dental Studio are always here to provide the dental care you need in Del Mar. If you’re missing one or more teeth and you’re not sure what your next steps are to replace them, contact us online or call now at (858) 755-0187 to get an appointment with Dr. Pizzi and learn more about your options.